Top Ten Pets for 2013 (based on running totals over two years)
1. Fish kept in tanks: 20 - 25 million (9% of households)
2. Fish kept in ponds: 20 - 25 million (6% of households)
3. Dogs: 8.5 million (25% of households)
4. Cats: 8.5 million (19% of households)
5. Rabbits: 1 million (3% of households)
6. Caged birds: 1 million (1.9% of households)
7. Domestic fowl: 1 million (0.9% of households)
8. Guinea Pigs: Half a million (0.6% of households)
9. Hamsters: Half a million (1.5% of households)
10. Horses and ponies: 400000 (1.1% of households)
Although you wouldn’t change them for the world there’s no denying that these house guests also bring with them additional dirt dust and hairs!
Inevitably sharing your home with pets can mean extra housework. Although this is the case a combination of useful cleaning tips as well as carefully selected products will keep your house in tip-top shape all year round no matter who youre sharing with!
Coat Care is Crucial
The e-cloth Grooming Mitt is ideal for all types of pet large and small keeping dreaded pet debris out of your home. The dual sided mitt makes light work of dirt dust and loose hair whilst gently massaging your pet at the same time.
Don’t forget to do the Dishes
Pet dishes that is! Unless cleaned immediately pet food can be stubborn and difficult to remove. The e-cloth washing up pad is ideal. Dual sided the scrubbing side makes light work of any stuck-on food residues and stains doing so with just water!